Our HR team and hiring managers rely on our online application system to review applications. We do not accept paper or in-person applications. Please apply using our online system to ensure that your resume and cover letter is viewed. Our current opportunities can be found here.
How do I improve my chances at getting an interview?
To ensure you have the best chance at being interviewed, its important that your cover letter and resume are aligned with the position for which you are applying, and provides evidence of the skills, attributes and experience required for that specific role. Please ensure to keep your resume simple, concise, easy to read and focused on selling your attributes and skills.
10) What are alloying agents?To change the chemical structure of steel and, to enhance its properties over carbon steel or to alter them to meet the requirements of a particular application alloying agents are used. For instance, if you have a chromium about 12% of the content, chromium significantly improves corrosion resistance. Such corrosion resistance steel is referred as stainless steel.
2) How molten iron or base material for steel is made?To prepare molten iron you use limestone and coke, and you put into the top of a blast furnace. After that, you expose the base material to the air until its very hot, out of which the molten iron is prepared, and ultimately this iron is used to make steel.
12) What are PCI stands for?PCI stands for Pulverized Coal Injection Method.
Liquid metal and Slag
Fire and Explosion
If I am successful in the interview, what else is required?
If you are chosen to move forward in the recruitment process you may be required to successfully complete any or all of the following: an online assessment, an additional interview, alcohol and drug test and your references will be called. During the process you will also be invited in for a tour of our facility. Please note that you may not be moved on in the recruitment process following any one of the steps above.
9) What are the main challenges does steel industry is facing now?The main challenges that steel industry is facing now is
High raw material cost
1) What is the raw material needed for steel production?Steel is made when iron is combined with carbon and other elements like-
Flux (Limestone and Dolomite)
Silica or Sand
5) What is the amount of steel does BOS (Basic Oxygen Steelmaking) Vessel can take?BOS is the central bulk production process for refining iron into steel. It can take up to 350 tonnes of molten iron at a time and convert it into steel in less than 30 minutes.
Plates and Tubes
Strip and Profiles
Wire and Bar
17) What are the types of Stainless Steel?The main types of stainless steel are
4) Explain what is the difference between hot rolled steel and cold rolled steel?Hot Rolled Steel vs Cold Rolled Steel
Hot rolling involves steel at a temperature (1700* F) above the steel’s recrystallization temperature
Cold rolled steel is manufactured at temperature below its recrystallization temperature
Hot Rolled Steel is cheaper to make
Cold Rolled Steel is not as cheaper as hot rolled steel
Hot rolled steel will shrink while cooling process and the shape and size are predictable, unlike cold rolled steel.
There is no worry about the steel shrinking or changing shape of steel.
Hot rolled finishing is not as smooth as Cold Rolled steel
Cold rolled steel has smoother finishing and has a square corner and more accurate in dimension
Hot Rolled Steel is used for welding purpose and construction trades such as making rail road tracks, I-beams, etc.
Cold Rolled Steel is used for the purpose where quality of steel matters like steel used for the suspension bridge
Phone Interview Questions and Answers Examples – How to Prepare for Phone Interviews