What Have You Done in the Last Year to Increase Your EMT Skills or Knowledge?
What Are Your Top EMT Skills?
Describe a Challenging Call Youve Had and How You Handled It.
How Do You Remain Calm in Difficult Situations?
3) List out some of the activities that Paramedics have to do in emergency condition?
Perform CPR on a person who has suffered a heart attack
Deliver a baby if it is not possible to reach a hospital
Stabilize car accident victims and move them to the nearest hospital
2) Mention what are the types of Paramedics?Paramedics can operate in various fields
Air Ambulance Paramedics
Ambulance Community Officers
Bi-cycle Response Paramedics
Paramedic Community Support Co-ordinate
10) Explain what is the difference between EMT and Paramedics?The main difference between EMT and Paramedics is that, basic EMT training receives 120-150 hours of training while paramedics get anywhere from 1200 hours to 1800 hours of training. Paramedic degree course duration is about two years.
Before using defibrillator make sure if, patient pulse is there, even if it is weak don’t use defibrillator
Remove all unnecessary jewellery from victim’s body so there should no interference while applying the pads to the patient’s bare chest
Make sure nobody is touching the patient
If shock waves restart the heart, do not apply any more shock
CPR is necessary along with defibrillator; it provides oxygen rich blood to heart and brain
1) What are responsibilities of a Paramedics?
Paramedics often work in emergency scenes to provide immediate medical attention to injured individuals
The operate heart monitors, defibrillators and other equipment’s, transport patients to medical facilities and interpret reading recorded by heart monitoring devices
Perform endotracheal procedures and give important information to emergency staff
Clean areas that become contaminated from patients
Make sure equipment is functioning properly
The best interview questions for this type of position are open-ended and situational. Use these questions to evaluate your candidates’ paramedicine experience. Great paramedics can stay calm under pressure and go the extra mile to ensure the wellbeing of their patients. Questions such as “Describe a time you acted professionally, despite your personal feelings” will help you see how they cope with the stress of the job.
7) How can you stop bleeding in case of an accident or patient suffering from injuries?Paramedics are aware of pressure points, and they can apply direct pressure to the injury from where bleeding occurs. The pressure points will lessen blood flow to the injury site, which causes slower haemorrhage from the site.
Completing a paramedic training course
Certified as an EMT- basic, hold a current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for health care providers card
Six months experience working as an EMT
Pass the NREMT ( National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians) certification exam
5) How Paramedics will treat people having drug overdose?For people having drug overdose, Intravenous fluids may be given to flush the drug out of the system and to re-establish balance of fluids and minerals in the body. Generally, the IV fluid they use are saline water, which contains sodium, potassium and bicarbonate it will help to balance the fluids and minerals in the body.
Drug dose reference card and a blank notepad
Ambulance identification card
A pair of protective eye-care
Access to App for Medical dictionary and Language translator