Android was developed by Google and first released in 2008, growing ever more popular since. With over 70% of the market share, Android is the most popular mobile Operating System in the world, making it critical for companies and developers seeking to land on mobile devices. Android developers are still in strong demand.
This list of Android interview questions and answers will help you prepare for an Android-related role. The questions have been divided into beginner, intermediate and advanced.
Before we begin looking into these interview questions on Android, let’s clear up some general Android developer interview questions first.
What is the difference between bound and unbounded service?
Download Interview guide PDF Before you leave, take this
Android is an open-sourced operating system founded by Andy Rubin. It is a Linux-based operating system that allows developers to develop and run apps that can perform both basic and advanced functions.
Android application architecture has the list of components given below. They are as follows:
We need Android in the mobile market because it helps smartphone users to download applications that can give different services.
Android developers can publish their apps on different platforms like SlideME, Mobango, Amazon app store, Opera mobile store, etc. Most of these platforms or markets are free. Such platforms are creating a huge market for Android mobile application development in India.
- There are various kinds of Android devices available in the market with different screen sizes and dimensions, but more importantly, different Android operating systems.
- An application that runs smoothly on one version of the Android OS might crash on another Android OS.
- In the older version of Android, most applications always run in the background and come to the foreground as they wish. From the Android 8.0 version, apps that are running in the background now have limits on how freely they can access background services.
- As few apps run in the background, they consume mobile battery and your device battery vanishes quickly.
Crack your next tech interview with confidence! Take a free mock interview, get instant⚡️ feedback and recommendation
Android is an open-sourced operating system that is used on mobile devices, such as mobiles and tablets. The Android application executes within its own process and its own instance of Dalvik Virtual Machine(DVM) or Android RunTime(ART).
31) What is the proper way of setting up an Android-powered device for app development?
The following are steps to be followed prior to actual application development in an Android-powered device:
-Declare your application as “debuggable” in your Android Manifest. -Turn on “USB Debugging” on your device. -Set up your system to detect your device.